For twenty-three years, Heritage Community Transportation has been privileged to provide more than 1.5 million rides on our fixed route transit service. Our three routes – covering Monroeville, McKeesport and East Pittsburgh – run through sixteen communities and provide our riders with access to work, healthcare and shopping for only 25 cents a ride.
GET YOUR RIDER CARD TODAY!
Save with HCT’s Rider Card program
The Gold Card gets you unlimited rides for a whole year for just $50
The Silver Card gets you unlimited rides for 3 months for just $20
SATURDAYS ARE BACK IN MONROEVILLE!
FARES AND SCHEDULES
ANYONE CAN RIDE!
Use Our Convenient Rider Cards, Senior Blue Card or Pay as You Board.
- $0.25 – Adults 12 years and older
- $0.10 – Children 6-11 years and Persons With Disabilities
- FREE – Children 5 years and under
- FREE – Adults 65 years or older with a valid 65+ Free Transit Card, Commonwealth I.D. Card, or Medicare Card
ADULTS 65+ – GET THE BLUE CARD
If you are an adult 65 or older, you can apply for a free Blue Card. With this pass, you can ride free and do not have to display a Medicare ID or State issued transit card. Call the Heritage office at 412.351.2200 to have an application mailed to you. Applications are also available at Heritage’s administrative office.
To see a complete list of our van stops, including our latest service changes, click here.
See Route Map & Schedule for timetable details. PLUS, more connections than ever before to your Pittsburgh Regional Transit stops.
We have TWO stops at Forbes Hospital – Forbes Hospital Main Entrance and the new stop at Forbes Hospital Intercommunity Cancer Center. Boarding at the Cancer Center is available on weekdays until 6:00pm.
Heritage Community Transportation serves 16 communities east of the City of Pittsburgh.
Heritage Community Transportation Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Customers who are interested in paratransit/shared-ride services should visit ACCESS’ website at www.myaccessride.com or call ACCESS Transportation Systems at (412) 562-5353 or TTY 711
Heritage Community Transportation has Provided Over 1.5 Million Rides to Date
Effective Monday, August 14, 2023
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR AN UPDATED ROUTE SCHEDULE OR REQUEST ONE FROM YOUR DRIVER
Please read the HCT schedule times carefully. Latest changes include the following:
- Change in schedule times on all routes
- East Pittsburgh Route: Added stop to Shady Park Place, North Braddock; Added stop on 2nd Street and Corey Avenue, North Braddock (Near Lundine Apartments); Added a stop at Linden Ave at Beech Ave (Near Dynamo Way), East Pittsburgh
- Mckeesport Route: Added stop to Port Vue Apartments, Myer Ave, Port Vue
* Be sure to get the new schedule times from your Driver
Heritage apologizes in advance for any inconvenience these service changes may cause.
If you have any questions, please contact the Heritage office at 412.351.2200
Into the Region’s Economy Annually by Heritage Community Transportation
By Heritage Riders on Healthcare, Education, Shopping, and Entertainment Throughout the Region
HERITAGE COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION RIDER RULES
- Riders must pay the appropriate fare or provide senior proof of age or disability.
- Riders must use his/her own HCT rider card. No one is permitted to use another rider’s card.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children under the age of 4 must be secured in an approved child safety seat. Children between ages 4 and 8 must be in a booster seat. If the provided equipment is in use, you must provide your own approved equipment or wait for the next available van.
- Each rider can only take the number of packages they can carry and hold on their lap – shopping carts must be folded and cannot block the aisle.
- Every rider must remain in a seat and wear their seatbelt while the van is in motion.
- The Heritage van will only stop at designated stops.
- Riders must show respect to the driver and other passengers.
- Riders are not permitted to eat, drink or smoke while on the van.
- Riders are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on the van or be intoxicated on the van.
- Riders are not permitted to bring any type of weapon on the van.
- Harassment or threatening of passengers and/or driver will not be tolerated.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- The Drivers have the right to deny service to anyone they think is a danger or nuisance to themselves and/or other passengers.
- All Rider Card sales are final – refunds will not be issued.
- Drivers do not provide change. Rider must have exact fare.